Remember that dressform I said I might get around to making? Well I started.
I used my snuggest princess seam block.
As usual, my patterns look like bacon.
I might be jumping the gun here, but I’ve decided to call her Dido. As in Purcell’s Dido and Aeneas. It’s an in-joke. She’s really just a test… she’s made from some upholstery fabric I got at the UMSU Theatre garage sale, and stuffed with a pillow. I’ll find something better to stuff her with once I’ve made some adjustments (mostly she should have my concave chest, and preferably some kind of neck. I probably won’t ever be able to get her to do the funny flat-front-to-back thing that my ribs do… unless I make her some coat-hanger-wire ribs or something… now there’s an idea… a dressform with a skeleton!). For the moment if I need to use her I’ll stick her in a bra and it’ll go a ways to fixing the rather homogeneous shape of her chest.
Front-side view (not like anyone could tell)
Side view. Again, it’s hard to see where the front is.
She looks very pretty in my stays toile though.
Hooray! I have a (sort of) body double! Maybe I can send her to Postgrad Seminar and teach her how to sign my name off for me…